How to Apply
How To Apply To The Present Job Openings
Important Notice: Since August 1, 2010, the OF-612 (Optional Application for Federal Employment) is no longer accepted for responding to job applications at the US Embassy Abidjan. It has been replaced by the DS-174 form (Universal Application for Employment-UAE- as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member). To view the new form (English and French versions) as well as the instructions for filling it out, please click on the links mentioned in item 1 below.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
- Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174 English (PDF 195Kb),
DS-174 French (PDF 118Kb))
- A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; or
- A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see section 3A below for more information); plus
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
3A. If an applicant is submitting a resume or curriculum vitae, s/he must provide the following information equal to what is found on the UAE.
Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
A. Position Title
B. Position Grade
C. Vacancy Announcement Number (if known)
D. Dates Available for Work
E. First, Middle, & Last Names as well as any other names used
F. Date and Place of Birth
G. Current Address, Day, Evening, and Cell phone numbers
H. U.S. Citizenship Status (Yes or No) & status of permanent
U.S. Resident (Yes or No; if yes, provide number)
I. U.S. Social Security Number and/or Identification Number
J. Eligibility to work in the country (Yes or No)
K. Special Accommodations the Mission needs to provide
L. If applying for position that includes driving a
U.S. Government vehicle, Driver’s License Class / Type
M. Days available to work
N. List any relatives or members of your household that work
for the U.S. Government (include their Name, Relationship,
& Agency, Position, Location)
O. U.S. Eligible Family Member and Veterans Hiring Preference
Q. License, Skills, Training, Membership, & Recognition
R. Language Skills
S. Work Experience
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
Recruitment Services (AbidjanHR@state.gov)
Visit the Human Resources Office for more information on their work at the Embassy
Sign up to recieve the latest news from the Embassy and from Washington into your email box every morning.
It is the best way to stay up to date on developments in Cote d'Ivoire and the United States.
Send an email to
to request a subscription
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.